Wednesday, October 1, 2008

ABC- Alana, Brynn, & Cinderella!

Sisters
Alana
Sniping Alana
What pretty eyelashes...
Cutie Patootie
Getting ready to leave for school
Alana
100% Baby Girl
Look at that hair finally coming in!
The girls laughing

Cutie Patootie II
Brynn
Princess Alana gonna walk the red carpet
Cinderella reading to the princesses
Princess Alana


The kids watching Cinderella in awe
Cinderella blowing bubble and the kids popping them with their magic wands
Group pic with Cinderella
Alana & Cinderella
Awwww Alana's wrapped foot
Wow, gonna be another long update. I guess this is what happens when I don't get this posted when I should. I am not sure why I can't just post a few pics every few days, but somehow the days get away from me fast. We had a great September and cannot believe it's over. Many of these pictures were just from random days of hanging out at home. The girls are so cute and it's so fun to see them starting to interact with each other more when they are playing. Brynn loves to crawl over to see what Alana is playing with. Many times I hear Alana saying "follow me Brynn" and if she doesnt' she gets very frustrated and says "Mom, why won't Brynn follow me??". I just laughing thinking I better enjoy that now, because I know in a matter of time I will be hearing "Mom, why does Brynn keep following me?!?" I will always remind her of these days though!
Last weekend Alana's friend Addi had her 4th birthday party. I decided just to take Alana so Brynn and Steve hung out at home. Since it was a princess party Alana got to wear her favorite princess outfit, which of course is her yellow Belle outfit that she wears all the time. Pretty much anytime we are home she either has that yellow outfit on or a white Barbie Wedding Dress costume that she got last Christmas. This party was very special because the REAL Cinderella came to the party. Her and her maid were there for one hour and they all played many princess games and became REAL princesses by walking the red carpet and then receiving a crown. The kids were just in awe of her and listened so well. The party was a great success and Alana is still talking about it!
Sunday Ted and Joan came down so the girls were excited to see Grandma and Grandpa Malo. Joan and I took the girls to the park and while Alana was going down the twirly slide one time she somehow got her tennis shoe caught on the side and almost fell out of the slide... I think she really would have fallen out the side of it but Joan was right there and caught her. Alana cried but we really thought it was because she was scared. We continued on playing and even went to another park but on our way home she kept wanting Joan to carry her. (which she loves when she carries her so it wasn't a huge red flag). After a little bit of carrying her she would put her down and Alana would take a few steps and then say I can't walk. We both noticed she was really limping. After we got home we kept trying to have her walk and she wouldn't bear weight on her right foot. The only thing we can think of is when she did that on the slide, but it happened so fast, we can't even think of how she exactly did it. When she walks she walks on her tiptoes on her right foot and won't put her heel down. We put her to bed that night and around 11:30 I heard her get out of bed and she fell to the ground and crawled into our room. We tried having her walk and she was really limping. The weirdest thing is we cannot pinpoint where the pain is. She doesn't even really say that it hurts or anything but just won't walk on that foot. I can push all over her foot and leg and she does nothing. It's like it doesn't hurt when I push around but she points to the bottom of her foot when I ask where it hurts. Monday morning I called the doctor and couldn't get in until later afternoon so we headed to Urgent Care to try to figure something out... After sitting in the waiting room for TWO HOURS with the girls we finally got back to see the doctor. She pushed around on her foot and couldn't get Alana to say ouch either. She wrapped her foot then had her walk and she still wouldn't put weight on it so had x-rays done on it. Those show no fractures, so sent us home with the wrapped foot. Today is now Wednesday and she is still not walking right. Brynn had her 9 month appointment this morning, so while I was there I asked our doctor his opinion on what I need to do next. Since he wasn't the one who looked at Alana's foot, he did an exam on her leg. He really moved it around and pushed on many places. He said her exam is great from the knee down, but she is showing discomfort in her thigh/hip area. He believes it is probably still a soft tissue injury, because it takes a pretty high impact injury to fracture your femur or hip bone, but if it's not better by Monday, we will be doing x-rays of her hip and leg. She is taking motrin to try to reduce any inflamation that she has. As of tonight, she did put her heel down a couple of times, so really hoping that is a sign that it is getting better... I will keep everyone posted!




No comments: