Alana making Brynn laugh
Alana in action
Brynn playing with one of her favorite little toys
Alana & Brynn dancing at Aunt Carissa and Uncle Matt's house
Alana at her school party taking a break in Brynn's stroller
Brynn
Twirling Alana
Brynn smiling at her bearThe last couple weeks have just flown by. A week ago this past Sunday, Mom, Alana, Brynn, and I headed up to Minneapolis to stay with Carissa and Matt. We arrived Sunday around 5:00 pm. That evening we went out for supper at the 5-8 Club and enjoyed some Juicy Lucy's. If you are ever in the area I recommend them! Then we relaxed at their house. Monday while Carissa and Matt were at work, Mom, the girls, and I did some fun shopping most of the day. That evening we went to dinner and to a Halloween store. Tuesday morning we headed out and shopped some more. Carissa was off at noon so while the girls napped her and I ran to a few more shopping places and then went back to her house to get ready for the night we have been waiting for, for 15 years!!! haha yes, you guessed it, the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK concert!! If you knew us when we were younger you know how much we loved these guys. We went to 3 concerts years ago and when we heard they were coming back there was no question that we would be there. The concert was seriously the best concerts we have ever been too. It was 13,000 people (95% women) going absolutely crazy over these 5 guys. Even the men's restroom's were changed into womens for the evening. I am still not sure where the guys who did come went to the bathroom, but that was the least of my concerns that evening. haha. They sang all of their old songs and many new ones and it was just a great night for both of us. Thanks to Matt for driving us and picking us up!! Wednesday we headed back to Iowa late morning. Alana cried that morning when I informed her we were going to head home. She absolutely loves being up at their house. It just makes me laugh since it's not like they have kids toys or anything, but she just loves it. I think her favorite thing to do is when her and Matt each get binoculars and they go around looking for "animals". Thank you to Matt and Carissa for the hospitality and we can't wait to go back up in a few weeks for Carissa's birthday.
Friday night Alana's preschool had a family fun night. Alana was very excited for it. We got there and ate pizza and then there were about 15 games for the kids to play. She really had a fun night, but it was funny because you would have thought she barely knew any of the kids. All the kids just stayed close to their parents and didn't really interact with each other, but they all were having a good time.
Sunday we had Ted, Joan, Dave, and Kate over for the day. Steve and Dave's NFL teams were playing against each other so they were excited to watch that. We ended up having so much food and appetizers here you would have thought it was Superbowl Sunday. The girls both loved having everyone here all day.
This week is going to be another busy one. Thursday is Alana's Halloween party at school and then that evening is Trick or Treat night. Friday we are heading down to Kansas City to see the B's and we are very excited. Alana is counting down to the days to see her cousins!!!
NEWS FLASH:
Brynn is an official walker now. Over the past month she has taken many steps here and there, but as of this week she will walk all the way across the living room floor. She still chooses to crawl alot of the time but walks as often as she can. She is wobbly still, but it is just so cute! She also got her first two teeth over the last couple weeks with her 2nd one popping up this week. It was a rough couple weeks of sleep for her and hoping that is the reason why. She also did have a virus though that caused a temperature, which the doctor said was too high to blame on teething. We went to urgent care on the Saturday before we left for Minnesota to check her temperature out, just in case it was an ear infection or something. We had never met this doctor before, but after I explained what was going on with Brynn she looked at Brynn and said "Where in the world is your mom from? I can barely understand her with that accent." IS SHE JOKING?? Steve and I were confused but she was dead serious...She went on and on about how thick of an accent I have. After 15 min, I was started to get annoyed, but I was happy Brynn checked out good...


No comments:
Post a Comment