Saturday, May 22, 2010

Minnesota Vacation!

















On Saturday, May 22, we were just hanging around at home and for some reason we were all kind of bored. Carissa had told me they were going to have a few friends over to grill out that night. Randomly (and pretty much joking) I asked Steve if he wanted to head up to BBQ with them. Steve said yeah why not. At first I thought he was kidding, but then he said he would like ride his motorcycle up and the girls and I could follow him so if we decided to stay a few days extra we could. We hit the road at 3pm and I called Carissa and surprised her and said we were heading up. I think she was totally shocked.

We arrived at 6:00 and we sat out back and had a few drinks. The girls had fun playing outside and then Matt grilled supper. They had a good spread of food and it was a great dinner. We then got their firepit going and the we all enjoyed some smores. The girls went to bed and we sat outside with Carissa, Matt, Holly, and Steve until 1:00 am. Sunday we went out for lunch and then Steve headed home on his motorcycle. We relaxed and went on a walk and just enjoyed our Sunday.

My good friend Abbey and her family just moved up to the cities so I called her to see if she had plans Monday and they didnt' so the girls and I headed over to see them Monday morning. We arrived at their place and the kids started playing immediately so that was fun. We took them to McDonalds for lunch and then took her daughter to Kindergarten in the afternoon. We went back and visited more until 3:30 and we headed back to Carissa and Matt's. That night we went out for supper and then hung out the rest of the night.

Steve decided to go on the road for a few consecutive nights so we just decided to stay a few extra days. Matt had plans Tuesday and Wednesday night so it was fun to keep Carissa company those nights. Tuesday the girls and I went shopping all morning. We hung out at Carissa's in the afternoon while Brynn napped. Tuesday night we went out for dinner and then ran back to the mall. It was a fun night.

Wednesday we got together again with Abbey and her kids. It was so fun to catch up two days. It will be so nice now that they live in Minneapolis area so I can see them more often! We got back to Carissa's about an hour before she got home from work. Again, we went to dinner and then just hung out. Thursday morning we said goodbye before they went to work and then we loaded up our car and took off around 10. It was a really fun week and was nice to go on a little vacation the first week of our summer break!

The girls and I were all very excited to see Steve though Thursday night! I think he had missed his little girls, but I know he does like it once in awhile so he can go out on the road all week and get alot done.

No comments: