Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lesson Learned

Last night Steve and I took the girls on a walk. We both wanted to get a good "exercise" walk in so we had them sit in the double stroller. Alana seemed fine with it until we got down the street and then the complaining started. She was hot, the sun was in her eyes, she wanted to walk, she was bored in the stroller, she was annoyed we were going on our normal route, she wanted to stop at the park, the button on her dress was unbuttoned, etc..The list went on and on. She sounded like a broken record as she just kept complaining about the same things. We were about 1.5 miles into our walk when across the street two men were on a walk (or going home from the park) with 4 kids. One guy was pushing a double stroller and the other guy was pulling a wagon with two kids. They seemed to all be sitting so good so I said to Alana "look at all those little kids on a walk. They are all being so good, no complaining, and enjoying the nice weather." Right when I got that sentence out of my mouth the little boy in the wagon looks straight at us and yells as loudly as he can "HEY POOPHEADS!" Wow, that lesson went down the toilet quickly. I think the guy was so embarrased, as the wagon came to a quick stop and he bent down and was not too happy with the little boy. Steve and I could not quit laughing the rest of the walk home. Alana kept asking what was so funny as I don't think she really heard the boy or caught what he said, but for some reason the rest of our walk went very smooth and the girls were both pretty quiet.

I guess the lesson of the night was not to tell your kids to act like anyone else, cuz that can turn around and bite you, you know where.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww... poopheads. That makes me laugh.