Monday, November 23, 2009

O' Christmas Tree


We had told Alana early in the weekend that we were going to get the Christmas tree up sometime that weekend. We usually try to do it the weekend before Thanksgiving since we spend the holiday with our families and by the time we get home we are usually tired and not in the mood to work on the tree. The weekend just seemed to get away from us. Ted and Joan ended up coming down Saturday and spending the night. Steve and I went out for dinner Saturday night with Kirk and Veronica and then Sunday we spent the day Christmas shopping while the girls had fun with Grandma and Grandpa. Sunday night we were eating supper and Alana asked if we were going to put the tree up and we said we would have to do it next weekend. We knew she was disappointed so we put a plan into place. After dinner I took the girls up to give them baths and during that time Steve hauled in the tree from the shed and got it up. I was even shocked when we came down and he had it standing and lit! I knew he would have it in the house, but I didn't really expect it to be up! The girls were both so cute and excited. I don't think Brynn really remembers the tree from last year, so it was very cute.
It was already getting close to bedtime, so we said we would put a few ornaments on and then do the rest Monday. After we started putting the ornaments on, we were all having fun and before you knew it we had put them all on and it was 30 min past their bedtime. :) They both really enjoyed decorating the tree this year. We haven't decorated anything else in the house yet, but it feels nice to have the tree up!
Yes, Brynn has big girl underwear on over her pajamas once again... It's a new fashion trend, everyone's doing it...

No comments: