Brynn
Alana
The girls and THE PENGUIN..."It's BAAAAAAACK"
Alana concentrating hard
Brynn wearing Grandma's pink necklace as always
Sydney concentrating hard
Grandpa Malo reading to Brynn (The quickest way to become friends with Brynn!)
Alana & SydneyThe title of this post is Thanksgiving 2009, but the sad thing is I took ZERO pictures on Thanksgiving Day. Grrrrrrr..... I barely took any pictures the whole time we were in Humboldt. I always get so mad at myself when I do that, but we all still had fun, so that is all that matters!
The girls and I headed up to Humboldt Tuesday after school. Steve met us up there that evening. The girls were very excited to get up there as it had been since Labor Day, which is probably the longest time we have ever gone without getting up there... I take that back, Steve took them up for a night when I went to Minneapolis in October, but since I wasn't there, it doesn't count. :)
Tuesday night, Steve and Dad got the tree up and Alana was having fun decorating the house. We didn't put the ornaments on the tree until Wednesday afternoon. Wednesday night, Steve and I headed up to Bode to his parents shop for a little Pre-Thanksgiving festivities. There were alot of people there and it was fun to catch up with alot of them. Steve still goes up quite a bit, but I hadn't been up there in quite awhile so it was a good time. Mom and Dad watched the girls and Mom put them to bed with no problems.
Thursday was Thanksgiving and Carissa and Matt arrived around 1. I helped Mom prepare some of the food and the house was smelling delicious. This year Steve's whole family came over for Thanksgiving which was so nice to be with both of our families. The meal was delicious as always and it was a great day!
Friday, the girls spent the day out at Ted and Joan's. Joan watched them and their cousins Sydney and Swea the whole day. Props to Grandma Malo! From the sounds of it, everyone did good and the girls all had a lot of fun. I spent the day relaxing mostly with Carissa and Mom. I guess I did get a nap in too, which was nice. I also need to admit here that I played Nintendo with Matt for an hour and half...yes you read it right... NINTENDO. Matt dug out our old Nintendo from when we were young. I am not a video game person at all, but I forgot how much I like that. The controllers are so simple and I had alot of fun. I don't even attempt any of the newer video games and I am married to a person who HATES video games haha... Friday night Carissa, Matt, Wendy, Rudy, Steve, and I went bowling. We were there until 2 am and had a great time. I am sure the bowling alley people were annoyed since we were the only ones there for the last hour or so, but we had a ton of laughs and it was really fun. Thanks to Mom again for staying up and listening for the girls until we got home!!
Saturday was another relaxing day with the family. Saturday night we went out to Ted and Joan's and had supper and the girls played with their cousins one more time.
We headed back to Ankeny Sunday afternoon. Steve left in the morning (since we had two vehicles) to get home in time to watch the Dolphins vs. Bills with his brother, Dave. Steve, the Dolphins fan...Dave, the Bills fan. When we got home at 2:30 Steve was mad and Dave was happy, so you can tell how that game went.
I cannot believe Thanksgiving has came and went. Now we are on the countdown to Christmas! Hope everyone had a great holiday!


No comments:
Post a Comment