Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Program 2009













































Alana's Christmas program was, Monday, December 14, 2009. She has been so excited for this program. Both sets of grandparents and Aunt Kate were all going to be there to watch the program, so I think that made Alana even more excited! I get really excited for her programs since she always sings the songs at home and gives me hints as to what the program is going to be like. One thing I was very excited to see is that she said they are putting on a little "show" and told me which friends got to be Mary and Joseph and that they use a toy baby as Baby Jesus. She then continued to tell me which friends were angels, which ones were the Kings, and which ones were shepherds. I was really excited and I said what do you do Alana? When she told me she was the lantern, I about laughed out loud. I tried getting a better idea of how she could be the lantern, but I found it very funny and kind of sad at the same time haha. She was excited about her job though and said "there had to be light mommy, because Baby Jesus was born at night!" I thought that was so cute I was instantly proud of my little lantern girl! (even though I was very excited to see how it all panned out)


Mom and Dad spent the day with us Sunday and all day long all Alana could talk about was her Program. She kept asking us "Can you even wait for my program??" We all just laughed all day how excited she was. She got in bed last night and pumped her little fists and just said "I really wish it was tomorrow!"


Monday morning we woke up to HORRIBLE weather again! It was so icy out and I grabbed the phone to see if Ted and Joan were braving it. Sure enough they were, but they said it was not good driving weather! Thank goodness they made it safe and sound and we all were excited for the program.


Alana's class came out and sang Away in a Manger and it was so cute! I am such a sap and couldn't help but have tears rolling down my cheeks, but then looked over and saw Mom doing the exact same thing! haha The kids sang it so cute and I could even hear Alana's cute little voice. The teacher even said it was the best they ever did!


The next thing they did was the story of Christmas. It was also very cute and Alana brought out a sheep (which she kind of just dropped into place which made me laugh) and also brought out the lanterns. :) All the kids really enjoyed doing the little show and it was very cute. After that they sang Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus and did sign language to it and then finished it up with We Wish You a Merry Christmas with sign language.


It's amazing how proud I can feel when she is up there doing these kinds of things. Her preschool is just so great and I just think the teachers do such a wonderful job with the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great family picture of you guys!! And seriously - could Bryn BE any cuter??!! Lovin' the pig tails :)

Can't help you with Blogger - but I started using YouTube for my videos - much MUCH easier... give me a call if you want me to walk you thru that.