








As a tradition we went up to Humboldt to spend the 4th of July holiday. The weekend ended up being pretty exciting for our family. Back in the middle of May we decided to put our house up for sale. We knew the market was not very good, but decided to just give it a shot. After a lot of thought and consideration we decided we were ready to move our family back up to Humboldt, if we were lucky enough to sell our house. In the 5-6 weeks we had our house on the market we had many walk throughs, which was pretty exciting. Steve and I were heading up to Bode on the evening of July 1 to see Ted and Joan and my phone rang and it was our realtor's brother, who was handling our showings since our realtor was on vacation. He informed me that the realtor who showed our house that evening had just called him to let him know an offer was going to be made sometime that night. We were so excited, but right away jumped to the conclusion it would be some low ball offer and most likely it would not pan out. I was so excited all night to get the phone call. Around 9:30 he called and gave me the offer. I was so excited as it was so much closer to our asking price than I ever imagined! I told Steve and we had the night to think about it. Friday morning I called him with our counter offer and within a few hours the deal was done!
It was an exciting weekend and everyone was really surprised it sold so quickly!!
We took the girls to the West Bend parade and the Humboldt parade, so they both had a great weekend too!
No comments:
Post a Comment