Alana and her new friend at Grandma and Grandpa Malo's (the neighbor boy, Cody)
Brynn
Brynn in the walker on the patio at Gramma & Grampa's
BrynnAnother week and holiday have flown by. Alana now has 5 days of preschool under her belt! The first two days were rough drop offs. The second drop off was way worse than day 1 and I left in tears. She walked it pretty good but once we turned the corner she stopped in her tracks and started crying so hard. Mom was here that day, so thankfully I didn't have Brynn with us, so I had both hands free. She cried and cried and cried. I was so close to just taking her home, but I knew I would not be happy with myself that we didn't give it a good try. It finally came time to get her into the classroom and the teacher had to peal her out of my arms with her just crying and crying. Then Alana said "Give me my Mommy back" and that is when I couldn't take it and I started crying, so had to turn away fast. I drove home crying and wondering if I made the right decision. About an hour and 20 min later the phone rang and it was the school, so I was mentally prepared to leave and go get her, but to my surprise the teacher had the secretary call me to let me know that Alana was having a great day and that she settled down pretty quickly after I left. What a wonderful feeling!!!
The last 3 drop offs there have been no tears and she is excited to go in. What a change a few days make! I love hearing her little stories of school and friends. It is so cute the simple world she lives in..She doesn't know kids names well yet so calls them by the color of their shirt. She says she plays with Pink Emma, but this week Pink Emma wore a yellow shirt, but she still calls her pink emma. Also talks about a black emma (remember people she is talking about the color of her shirt! haha) Today I asked her if she she played with Emma, and she said "no pink Emma did not want to play with me, she played by herself, so I played with the Blue Girl". Then awhile later I asked if anyone cried at school today and she said "yeah the Blue Girl did", I said "oh the little girl you played with cried?" and she said "No, the Blue Girl with a Ponytail did". Wow what a cute simple world...
Last week, my friend Sarah and her daughter Olivia came over to play. The girls were very cute together. Brynn and Olivia are 7 weeks apart and it was just cute watching them crawl around and play. I think they both thought it was pretty neat to have a friend their own size crawling around.
We spent Labor Day weekend in Humboldt. We had a fun time with both of our families and also saw some friends. Alana was very happy to have her friends Paige and Mia come over to play while we were home.
Yesterday, Alana had her 3 year checkup. It went very well. It was so cute because she got to wear a little gown and had her blood pressure taken, etc. Just so different than the baby appointments! She weighed in at 31 pounds even and is 37.75 inches tall.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!







No comments:
Post a Comment