
Due to the weather yesterday, I ended up rescheduling my doctor appt to today. This morning Mom came down so she could watch Alana while I went to my appointment. I was really hoping I could take her to Tammi's today since she had not been there in a few weeks so she could play with her friends, but she has been feeling miserable the last few days. She has been coughing, runny nose, fever, not eating, etc. My appointment went just fine. My blood pressure is still good, which I am very happy about. He thinks the baby is breech and she is very "high", which neither really matters since I am having a c-section. I go back next Tuesday and hopefully everything will be still right on track.
We headed to Alana's doctor at 2:30 pm. I made the appt late yesterday and the receptionist was like talking to a wall. When I hung up Steve asked me if that conversation was for real, so I should have been ready for some type of appointment mix up. I checked in and was informed that Alana's doctor does not work on Wednesday afternoons. Then they were worried I probably didn't even have an appointment, but surprisingly enough I did have an appointment, just with another doctor. I have seen 3 different pediatricians there and have been very happy with all of them, so I was hoping this one would be no different.
A resident doctor came in first and listened to Alana's chest, looked in her ears and nose, etc and right away she said she was afraid she had pneumonia. Then the doctor came in and did the same check up and was pretty sure it was pneumonia. The next step was a chest x-ray. The radiologist informed us that she will sit in a contraption for the x-ray that looks barbaric, but it does not hurt and it helps get better pictures. I put her in this crazy contraption and felt so bad for her. She had plastic guards around her little body and it was belted closed really tight and her arms straight up in the air. Then I had to leave the room since I am pregnant, but luckily mom could stay in there. Right when the door closed I could hear her crying. Mom talked to her the whole time, but she was really scared and I was happy when that was over. Both doctors came in to talk to us after they looked at the pictures and said she has two types of pneumonia. In her upper left lung she has a contained type of it and then in both lower sections of each lung she has walking pneumonia. I think the doctor said that walking pneumonia is easier to treat, but we would need to do two different medicines. After talking with them, we decided on she would get one of them as a shot today and the other one will be 5 days of oral antibiotic. She got the shot, which they said is a very uncomfortable shot. It burns and her leg will be sore, but it should work pretty quick. We had to wait another 20 min to make sure she had no reaction to the shot. By the time we got out of the office it was 4:40 pm.
Tonight she was doing pretty good. They told me to give her Motrin when we got home for the leg pain and her first dose of her antibiotic. I think the Motrin helped a lot. She is sleeping now and I hope she gets a good night sleep, but I am guessing I will be bringing her into my bed at some point in the night.
Friday morning we go back to the doctor for a follow up appointment for them to listen to her lungs. I really hope they sound a ton better by then. I will keep everyone posted. Sorry this turned into such a novel!
No comments:
Post a Comment