Friday, November 2, 2007

31 Weeks

How your baby's growing:This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
I am feeling pretty good still. At night I seem to feel pretty achy, but a good night sleep seems to cure that. My blood pressure did go up a little at my last two appointments so I am going in on Tuesday for a blood pressure check. I feel confident that these doctors are going to watch me closely and do everything they need to do to keep me and the baby healthy.
And for those who remember my strange dreams when I was pregnant with Alana, you will enjoy this one. When I was pregnant with Alana I had 3 separate dreams of meeting Alana for the first time. In each one she had teeth or I should say a tooth. She had one big tooth right in the middle and that is all I could ever remember. Well last week I had a dream I had this baby and the only thing I remembered is she had a mouth full of teeth. No clue why these are the only dreams I have or what it means, but it was kind of funny when I woke up and could picture a bunch of teeth on a newborn.

No comments: