






















It's crazy that we are into the last week of January already. It's been a cold January, but now that it's to the end I have to admit it's gone so fast. The first few pictures are just of the girls on a lazy day. It has been so nice having new Christmas toys to keep the girls entertained on all the snowy, cold days. They received some toys that just keep them entertained for a long time so that has really helped since we have been in the house so much this month. Alana has had a lot of cancelled school days which in a way has been kind of nice. They are only making up two, so I cannot complain like all the older kids who have to make them all up.
I got the flu a few weeks ago which was not fun. I woke up on a Wednesday morning not feeling good. Mom and Dad were coming down for the day so called Dad to say I was sick and he decided to stay away. Called Mom and she said she would still come down to help take care of the girls. I hated seeing her come into the situation but deep down I was so happy, since it's so hard to take care of them when I was feeling so awful. Steve was a few hours away and did say he could head this way, but I told him to stay out working. I did get Alana to school that morning, but it took everything I had and I even drove with bags in the car in case I got sick. I called the school to see if a teacher could come outside and walk her in so I didn't expose the whole school. Brynn and I came home and I just relaxed and puked until Mom arrived just in time to hop in my car to go pick Alana up. I was so thankful she came. I spent the rest of the day in bed resting. It took a few days to fully recover and Mom left Friday evening and sure enough by Saturday she was sick. I felt so horrible. The girls and Steve did get lucky and none of them got it, but I still felt really bad Mom got it. :(
Last Friday night we had Family Fun Night at Alana's school. We got there at 5:30 and had pizza, frosted graham crackers, and pop. Then the girls got to play all sorts of games. They both had fun playing the games and winning prizes.
Saturday night we went over to our friends Tim and Steph's. We are all very excited as we just booked a Vegas trip with them in March! Steph and I are both ready to cut loose and have a good time! Between us we have 4 kids, ages 1, 2, 3, & 4 so for the past 4 years one of us has always pregnant, so it never feels like we both can have a few drinks and have a good time...and let's be honest when the four of us get together Steve and Tim don't usually hold back so we end up being the DD's anyway!
Steph made a great meal and some awesome bloody mary's. We did spend some time out in their shop where the kids had an absolute ball. They have a lot of toys as you can see from the pictures and it just felt like they could get some energy out! After playing hard we went back into their house and the kids ate popcorn and watched a movie while we are visited. It was a really fun night and the girls had a great time.
Last night Dave and Kate came over and we celebrated Kate's birthday. We have all been busy this month and we literally had not all been together since January 1st. That has to be a record for us, so we were all excited to get together and catch up. I made homeade brownies and she had brought over some birthday cake that they had her parents the day before so the girls were in sugar heaven. It was a fun night for everyone! The "a" and "b" shirts were gifts the girls got from Dave and Kate for Christmas. Kate made them for all her nieces, so they wore them in honor of Kate's Birthday!
Hope everyone is staying warm in this cold weather. Hoping that the blizzards are over, but I am afraid we have a lot more winter left. Booooo!
No comments:
Post a Comment