Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Time for an Update!

Alana

Sydney, Alana, Brynn, & Swea

Syd & Alana


Brynn, Swea, Sydney, & Alana


Alana & Sydney

Swea

Swea & Brynn playing

Alana, Syd, Swea, and Wendy carving a pumpkin

Brynn

Uncle Rudy giving a horsey ride to all the girls

Ella, Ainsley, Olivia, Alana, Brynn, & Kaden

Alana & Ella

Happy 1st Birthday Olivia!

Brynn

Alana and her funny hair

Check out my two teeth!
Last Friday on Halloween we loaded up the girls and headed down to Kansas City to see Rudy, Wendy, Sydney, and Swea. Alana was so excited and the entire way she kept asking "are we there yet?". Wow, that question gets old FAST... We arrived there at 5:30 in time to eat some pizza and get their costumes on for Trick or Treat Round 2. It was fun having the girls go with their cousins and since we had gone the night before Alana totally knew what to expect. They all filled their pumpkins with candy and had a great night.
Saturday morning Wendy and I went shopping and left the girls with Steve and Rudy. By the time we got home they had all four down for naps so we were impressed. After we got settled in they headed out to a bar to watch some football. It was beautiful weather so we spent most of the afternoon outside with the girls. We had a great weekend in Kansas!
Last week Alana did come down with an ear infection. She got tubes in her ears in March of 2007 and we had not had one infection since the tubes. She complained her ears hurt last Tuesday so I took her in and the doctor said it needed to be treated so she is on 10 days of medicine.
Brynn is a pro at walking now. I really need to video tape her and put it on the blog. It's just so cute to see her walk all over the place. She just seems too little to be walking, but it's her choice of movement now.
This past weekend Mom came down Friday to watch the girls and Steve and I went out by ourselves. It was a great evening. We did a little shopping, had some food and beer at Buffalo Wild Wings, and then ended our night by donating to Prairie Meadows.
Saturday we had a first birthday party to attend. Our friends Sarah and Jason's daughter Olivia turned 1. Olivia and Brynn are exactly 7 weeks apart so that means we will be having Brynn's party in less than 7 weeks now! AHHHH!!! Sarah and I are in agreement that this year flew by!!!
Saturday night our friends Tim and Steph stopped over after being at the hospital with their newest addition to their family! They had a little baby boy on October 30. He surprised everyone and came more than 6 weeks early so is still in the hospital, but is doing very well. It was great to visit with Tim and Steph and we are so happy Carter is here and cannot wait to meet him in person!!
Sunday, Ted and Joan stopped by for the afternoon on their way home from Kansas City. The girls were both very excited to see them and spend time with them. Steve and I even went out for dinner with Kirk and Veronica and left the girls at home with Grandma and Grandpa. It was a nice dinner and felt like old times!!
Monday, Mom came back down to watch the girls for the day. I started my day off at the dentist and then spent the whole day Christmas shopping by MYSELF!! It was such a fun day. I got so much Christmas shopping done and I just loved taking my time. I even wrapped gifts Monday night after the girls went to bed! I am already in the Christmas mood!!!
This week is going good and we are looking forward to celebrating Carissa's birthday up in Minneapolis this weekend. Alana is already asking when we are going to Matt and Carissa's so going to be a long couple days.
Hope everyone is doing well and I will post a video of Brynn walking soon!!!

No comments: