Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Why Ask Why??

Alana has officially hit the stage where she loves to ask question after question. She then goes on to question my answer. Somedays it's funny, other days it's draining haha. She is so curious about everything and it's really neat to watch her learn new things everyday. The one issue she has with questions though is she asks ME every question. Anyone we see that she does not know she says "What's her name?" or "What is she doing?" etc... Somedays I find myself saying I don't know, but then other days I find myself making up some answers just to move on haha. Our neighbor girl Kendall is 10 years old and Alana LOVES her. I keep saying Alana is a borderline stalker. If we outside she is looking for her. We were on the deck the other day and she stood up on a chair and started yelling "KENDALL! KENDALL" like she was calling a dog. It was funny. If we are inside she is peeking out the window for her. Kendall is so good with Alana though and I think actually enjoys playing with her even though there is quite an age difference. Tonight Kendall made her a bracelet and Alana is just in heaven.


As much as Alana loves playing with Kendall it's hilarious to watch Alana go talk to her. Last week Mom and I were sitting outside and Kendall was playing in her driveway. Alana asked if she could go over to play with her and I said yes. Our driveway to their driveway is not that far apart but it took Alana almost 10 minutes to get to Kendall. She would stop and turn around and ask "What is she doing?" then take another step and say "Can I talk at her?" Mom and I were laughing so hard watching her. Finally she did get over to her and they played with chalk. Tonight was another funny night. We were outside and Alana went to go talk to her. She went over there pretty fast, but I could tell she wasn't talking to her. Alana turned around and said "It's Kendall!!" then stood for a few seconds and turned around and said "Why is she wearing that pink shirt again?" haha I just had to laugh... a few more questions were yelled to me then she finally started talking. I think she was playing 20 questions. I heard her ask her "why are you wearing those shorts?" "why do you have a bike?" "why is your daddy mowing" etc...


Here is a picture of Alana and Kendall on Kendall's motorized cooler. Her and Alana rode it up and down the sidewalk this weekend for an hour.


No comments: