Saturday, March 20, 2010

March Madness

























Our March was a crazy, busy month from beginning to end. I share a birthday with Alana's friend Ella (Tera's daughter) so we had her birthday party on our actual day. We went to Godfather's and had pizza and the girls had fun. I really can't remember what we did the next whole week, but I am sure we were busy haha...On Saturday, March 13, we hit the road at 6:15 am and headed down to Kansas City for our nieces, Sydney & Swea's, birthday party. The party was at 10 am so we wanted to make sure we gave ourselves plenty of time to get there. We arrived early and the girls had a fun time at the party. We spent the night and then headed home Sunday, late morning.

Mom came down that afternoon and we unpacked those bags and repacked for our next journey. Alana was on Spring Break so we were spending the week up in Minneapolis at Carissa and Matt's. I wasn't feeling too great Sunday night and I woke up Monday feeling even worse. I made a quick doctor appointment that morning and I had picked up a nasty virus and also had an ear infection. I did get some medicine for that but my cough was annoying. We still decided to head up to the cities though.

We spent the week shopping, eating out, and a little relaxing. We only saw Matt for a very short time as he flew out to Florida to see his parents, so it was a "girl week" as Alana called it.

One of the funniest things that happened over the week was the girls and their experience with the EASTER BUNNY. Alana has never been afraid of people in costumes, for example Santa, Easter Bunny, etc, but Brynn on the other hand has been petrified. We were at Southdale on Tuesday of that week and I wanted to shop a little on my own so I went into some stores and Mom said she was going to go buy the girls some dippin' dots ice cream. By the time I caught up with them at that table Mom was laughing so hard at the girls. She said I was never going to believe what Brynn was doing. The table was right by the Easter Bunny and Mom said Brynn started waving and blowing the bunny kisses, etc. The bunny kept returning the waves and kisses and would stand up and dance, etc. The girls were having so much fun with the bunny and Brynn literally ran to the Easter Bunny. When I was there Brynn could not keep her mind of the bunny. She was yelling I Love You Easter Bunny! (which sounded like I yuv you eeater bunny" The girls both ran to the Easter Bunny when I was there the the bunny was holding Brynn up in the air and they both couldn't get enough of it. I kept taking a few pictures even though the photographer said she really wasn't supposed to let me do that, but I was just so shocked that I kept snapping haha.

The rest of the week that is all the girls could talk about. They found the bunny at another mall too and they waved liked crazy but Alana decided she liked the bunny at Southdale better haha.

We had a great Spring Break and heading home to Ankeny on Friday. The girls and I were both excited to see Steve.

No comments: