Brynn in her santa hat
Alana, Hunter, & Brynn playing football
Alana in her stocking
Brynn
Brynn in the tub missing the Christmas lights
Alana & Brynn
Daddy and Alana on the 3-wheeler
Alana
Alana & Brynn before their pictures
Alana in front of the stockings at Grampa and Gramma's
Brynn
The girls on their 4-wheeler
Brynn smiling at Alana
Brynn
Our tree
Our stockingsI hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! We had a great one with our families up in Humboldt. The first two pictures on this post are actually from a few weeks ago in Minneapolis but just got the pictures from Carissa and I thought they were both cute so just put them in here. We headed up to Humboldt the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Alana was so excited to get on the road. Carissa and Matt arrived Wednesday also. We had pizza that night and just hung out. We had our Thanksgiving dinner Thursday and it was awesome! Everything was so good. That evening Ted and Joan came over and then my aunt, uncle, cousin and her family also came over. Alana had fun with these cousins. Hunter was so cute teaching her how to play football and she was having a lot of fun.
Friday was a relaxing day and then we went out for supper that night with my family. After dinner Steve and I took Brynn back to the house. Mom, Dad, Carissa, Matt, and Alana went by Merlin Fort's lights to show Alana. (Biggest display of Christmas lights in Iowa...well atleast I think it's in the whole state, but it's huge!) I just thought they were going to drive by it, so we didn't follow them. Well to my surprise they got out and walked around and looked at all the lights and then Merlin Fort happened to be outside and gave them all a tour of the lights and also inside his house where it was decorated! I guess Alana loved it. It was a perfect night out and she told mom and dad that her wish on the wishing star came true!
Saturday morning Carissa and Matt left. After the girls' naps we headed out to Ted and Joan's house. The girls both had a very fun time and it was a nice change of scenery for them. This was the first time Brynn has been out there since she was walking so she had alot of exploring to do. Sunday was another relaxing day and Monday we returned home to Ankeny.
Alana had school on Tuesday and had so much to tell me. It amazes me how much she learns in the 2 hours + she is at school. She came home talking about how on Christmas we celebrate Jesus' Birthday and that he was born in a barn, not a hospital. She even said he slept in a Manger. She had actions to the song Away in the Manger and also sang We Wish You a Merry Christmas. She just loves school.
On Wednesday we headed back up to Humboldt. We had the girls' Christmas pictures taken in Fort Dodge. They only had a few appointments and that Thursday was the only one that worked for us. The girls were happy to go back up to see Gramma and Grampa though. Pictures went okay, but Alana did throw a temper tantrum when it was time to do an outfit change. Note to self-only one outfit!!!!! Live and learn I guess....
Friday we headed back to Ankeny so we could have the weekend at home. We ran errands and also got to hang out with Dave and Kate which had felt way too long since we did that, so it was a very nice weekend.
I have to share a funny story about Alana before I end this. We had not put any presents under the tree yet as of Friday night when we got back to Ankeny. Alana helped Grandma Malo wrap three presents to put under the tree for me, Steve, and Brynn from Alana, so those were the only three presents under the tree. Saturday, Alana told Steve that her wish on the wishing star did not come true and had a sad face. Steve asked her what her wish was and she said that there would be more presents under the tree. That little story just broke my heart. Saturday night I went downstairs and brought up the presents that I had wrapped for the girls and put them under the tree. Sunday morning Alana's face lit up so huge and gasped for air with her hands over her mouth and said "My wish came true!!!!". She said there are enough presents and that Santa doesn't even need to come. hahaha. She just cracks me up. On Sunday I was telling mom about this story on the phone and Alana was playing and I didn't even think she was paying attention to me and I said "it broke my heart when I heard her say her wish didn't come true." Then Alana turned to me and said "well it broke my heart when there were no presents under the tree". Man, I just laughed. Sometimes she says things that just seem way to advanced for a 3 year old.
The last picture is of our Elf on the Shelf which Alana has named Elford. Mom gave this to us as an early Christmas gift and will become a tradition in our house! It is such a cute little elf and has a cute book with it. It has a story on how this elf is Santa's helper and he keeps his eyes on the kids to see if they are being naughty or nice and reports to Santa each night. You have to name him right away and you never know he may be in a new spot each morning, but it's up to the kids to find him!
Wow, this post got long. Sounds like we could all be in for a pretty good snowstorm tonight . I hope everyone stays warm and safe!

No comments:
Post a Comment